August 8, 2018
It is hard to believe that the new school year is less than a month away. I hope you have been enjoying the summer months! As we prepare to begin the 2018-2019 school year, I wanted to share with you the updated Code of Conduct that all Roman Catholic High School students will be required to follow in order to be successful at Catholic High.
In March, a Discipline Committee consisting of 10 members which included administrators, teachers, department chairs, and guidance counselors was formulated to review, analyze, and update the current Code of Conduct. Attached to this email, please find the updated Roman Catholic High School Code of Conduct which will go into effect at the start of the 2018-2019 school year.
Although the document is extensive and schedules can keep us very busy, it is important for you and your son to read it carefully prior to starting school in September. A few of the major points have been highlighted below; however, the detailed policies can be found within the Code of Conduct:
- Attendance/Lateness—The attendance and lateness policy has been updated to include specific benchmarks that will be enforced to ensure that students are attending school each day and arrive to school on time.
- Cell Phones—Students will be required to turn off their cell phones prior to entering the school building. In the event of an emergency, parents should contact the Student Services Office
- Demerit System—The entire demerit system has been updated and benchmarks have been established for students who accrue a specific number of demerits.
- Dress Code—Students must be in compliance with all parts of the dress code which includes grooming requirements. The official school uniform must be purchased by the specified vendors. Students must be clean shaven each day.
- iPads—At the end of the previous school year, the iPad School Profile was modified so that students only have access to school related applications to eliminate distractions that decrease the likelihood of academic success. The student’s iPad must always be connected to the school’s profile. The Acceptable Use Policy concerning has been updated as well.
- Restorative Justice/Detention—Students who are in violation of the Code of Conduct will be required to serve the necessary detentions after school. Please note that special arrangements will not be made to serve detentions at a time more convenient for the student.
As stated in the Code of Conduct, a Roman Catholic High School Student/Gentleman is a young man who respects all members of our school community, arrives to school on time and is prepared for the school day, complies with all parts of the dress code, and is actively engaged in the instructional process within his coursework. Parental involvement is also key to your son’s success. Please assist our school with reinforcing the importance of all parts of the Code of Conduct so that your son’s high school career is characterized by high levels of success.
I am very much looking forward to the start of the school year. Thank you for sending your son to Roman Catholic High School. As always, if I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Mr. Vince Tarducci ’02
Please Click herefor the Code of Conduct for the 2018-2019 School Year.