Ways to Give
Give Back and Impact Roman:
Every gift made, regardless of the size, truly makes an impact and allows our students to flourish.
Ways to Make an Impact to Roman:
1) Give Online: Make a gift right here online using our secure giving form at the bottom of this page.
2) Give by Mail or Phone: Cash, Check, and Credit Card gifts can always be made by direct mail. Checks can be made out to “Roman Catholic High School” and mailed to 301 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19107, Attn: Office of Mission Advancement. Gifts can also be made over the phone via credit card by calling (215) 627-5487.
3) Match your Gift: Many companies offer matching gift policies that can double or triple a contribution made to Roman by one of its employees. Check with your human resources department or the Office of Mission Advancement to find out if your employer will match your gift.
4) Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from IRA: Are you age 70.5 or older? Give up to $100,000 per year from your IRA to Roman without paying income taxes on the distribution. This allows you to use the gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
5) Stocks or Appreciated Securities: Donate securities to Roman which allows you to both preserve cash flow and eliminate capital gains tax on the transfer.
6) Plan your Gift: Join the 1890 Society! There are a variety of estate and planned giving opportunities that can directly impact Roman. For example, you can leave money to support Roman and its students through a bequest in your will as either a percentage of your estate or an exact amount. You can also support Roman through a beneficiary designation which provides increased flexibility over a will by using life insurance policies, IRAs, and retirement plans. By making Roman the beneficiary of your IRA, you protect your heirs from one of the most heavily taxed portions of your estate as neither you nor your heirs will be liable for income taxes once the assets are distributed to Roman.
7) Sustain your Gift: Decide how much you want to contribute and set up a recurring, automatic gift from your credit card on a monthly basis. A modest gift every month can equal a significant gift by year’s end. Use our secure giving form below to set up your recurring monthly gift.
8) EITC / OSTC: Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) and Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) programs allow businesses and individuals to direct the monies they pay in taxes to go toward providing financial aid and scholarships for Roman students. For a two-year commitment, you receive a PA tax credit equal to 90% of your contribution. If you have a PA tax liability, it is easy to sign up. Your out-of-pocket cost will have 10x the impact in supporting Roman students – it is truly a no brainer!
Contact the Office of Mission Advancement at (215)-627-5487 to learn more about all of the ways you can make an impact!
Make Your Gift and Join the Club
Purple & Gold Club
$25,000 and over
$10,000 - $24,999
Thomas E. Cahill Founder's Circle
$5,000 - $9,999
Msgr. Bonner Society
$2,500 - $4,999
Msgr. Fisher Society
$1,000 - $2,499
Msgr. Henry Society
$500 - $999
Judge Carroll Society
$250 - $499
$100 - $249